Left Menu Right Menu
  • link1
  • link2
    • link2 - 1
  • link3

祝各位畢業同學受到不公平的對待又遭遇背叛 危機入世好教材之一 (一部影片)

文字-A A +A

 

危機入世好教材之一   祝各位畢業同學受到不公平的對待又遭遇背叛  (一部影片)

 

資料來源:Cardigan Mountain School

 

美國聯邦最高法院第17任首席大法官 約翰·羅伯茨(John G. Roberts Jr)在16歲兒子傑克國中畢業典禮上的部分經典致詞

 

美國聯邦最高法院第17任首席大法官  約翰·羅伯茨(John G. Roberts Jr),6月3日受邀參加16歲兒子傑克就讀的Cardigan Mountain School畢業致詞,羅伯茨沒有祝福畢業學生功成名就、一帆風順、達成夢想、鵬程萬里等期許,反而表示希望畢業學生遭遇不公平的對待、背叛和挫敗,如此一來您才會珍惜生活所有周遭人和事物,不會將幸運都視為理所當然。

 

以下是部分經典致詞內容:(中譯文僅供參考)

Now the commencement speakers will typically also wish you good luck and extend good wishes to you.

通常畢業致詞者會祝你們好運,還會祝你們心想事成

I will not do that, and I’ll tell you why.

但我不會這麼做,我會告訴你們原因。

From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly,

接下來數年的三不五時的日子,我希望你們時不時受到不公平的對待,

so that you will come to know the value of justice.

這樣你們才會發現公平正義的價值。

I hope that you will suffer betrayal because that will teach you the importance of loyalty.

我希望你們遭遇背叛,如此才知道忠誠的重要性。

 

Sorry to say, but I hope you will be lonely from time to time so that you don’t take friends for granted.

很抱歉要這麼說,但我希望你們有時會感到孤單,這樣才不會把朋友當作理所當然。

I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life

我希望你們不時遭遇一些不幸,這樣一來,你們才會意識到機會和運氣在人生裡扮演的角色,

and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

你們才會了解,你的成功不完全是你應得的,他人的失敗也不一定是他們應得的命運。

And when you lose, as you will from time to time, I hope every now and then, your opponent will gloat over your failure.

當你們失敗時,應該說你們一定會經歷失敗,但我希望你的對手會對你的失敗幸災樂禍,

It is a way for you to understand the importance of sportsmanship.

這能讓你們了解何謂「運動家精神」。

I hope you’ll be ignored so you know the importance of listening to others,

我希望你們被人忽視,如此你們才會理解傾聽他人的重要性,

and I hope you will have just enough pain to learn compassion.

我還希望你們遭遇足夠的痛苦來學習同理心,讓你們得以學習同理他人的心。

Whether I wish these things or not, they’re going to happen.

其實無論我希不希望如此,這些事都會發生。

And whether you benefit from them or not will depend upon your ability to see the message in your misfortunes.

至於你們是否能從中受益,則取決於你們從不幸遭遇中吸收訊息的能力。

 

Now commencement speakers are also expected to give some advice.

畢業致詞者通常會給學生一些建議

They give grand advice, and they give some useful tips.

他們會給一些廣泛的建議,也會給一些有用的小撇步。

The most common grand advice they give is for you to be yourself.

最常聽見的建議就是:做自己。

It is an odd piece of advice to give people dressed identically, but you should — you should be yourself.

這聽起來有點奇怪,畢竟你們現在都穿一模一樣的畢業服,不過你們確實應該做自己。

But you should understand what that means.

只是你們該了解做自己的意義何在。

 

Unless you are perfect, it does not mean don’t make any changes.

除非你很完美,否則做自己不代表不能接受改變。

In a certain sense, you should not be yourself.

在某些狀況來說,你不應該做自己,

You should try to become something better.

而是你應該試著變成更好的人。

People say ‘be yourself’ because they want you to resist the impulse to conform to what others want you to be.

大家說『做自己』是希望你們不要屈服於他人要求你們變成的那種人,

But you can’t be yourself if you don't learn who are, and you can’t learn who you are unless you think about it.

但除非你們已經了解自己是誰,否則無法『做自己』,而且只有當你們仔細思考,才能了解自己是誰。

 

FB留言板

PeoPo 討論區

回應文章建議規則:

  • 文章屬於開放討論空間,回應文章的議題與內容不代表本站的立場
  • 於明知不實或過度謾罵之言論,本站及文章撰寫者保留刪除權
  • 請勿留下身份證字號、住址等個人隱私資料,以免遭人盜用,本站不負管理之責
  • 回應禁止使用HTML語法
3

加入時間: 2017.03.29

高丁丁

高雄市
85則報導
0則影音
0則OnTV

誰推薦本新聞

作者的其他報導